Dave Jacobs and David Greenberg join the podcast to discuss how Homethrive is providing their customers access to their own master’s level social worker and a digital platform to help provide care for their aging loved ones at home.
Prior to Homethrive, Dave and David both served at Medline. Dave Jacobs as President of the Durable Medical Equipment division and Medline’s Post-Acute business that encompassed nursing homes, home health, assisted living and managed care insurance. David Greenberg served as Executive Vice President of Strategy and Group President, defining and supporting strategic priorities, leading business development initiatives to strengthen the Medline portfolio, and M&A.
In this episode, you’ll hear why Dave and David decided to leave their high paying Senior-Executive roles at well-respected companies to create Homethrive. You’ll hear how Homethrive is helping people look after their aging parents while allowing them to stay in their own homes, instead of an aged care facility.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Dave Jacobs and David Greenberg in this episode:
- The foundation story of Homethrive: Why the co-founders left their Senior-Executive roles to create their own company.
- How Homethrive is helping people look after their aging parents while allowing them to stay at home instead of an Aged Care Home.
- Why Traditional Benefit Offerings often aren’t enough for employees burdened with care-related responsibilities for their aging parents.
- How Homethrive is able to provide each customer with their own unique Care Guide and the types of services they offer.
- The positive impact this can have on employees knowing they have an advocate to address elder care issues for loved ones.
- 0:22 – Welcoming David and Dave to the show
- 1:00 – Who is Dave Jacobs?
- 2:00 – Who is David Greenberg?
- 3:42 – Why David and Dave left their Senior-Executive roles to create Homethrive
- 8:20 – The state of traditional benefit offerings in the age of COVID-19
- 10:50 – How organizations can transition their benefit offerings as employees and their parent’s age
- 12:20 – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Is their inequity in benefits and healthcare?
- 14:15 – The Homethrive Product: What problems are Homethrive trying to solve?
- 16:40 – Homethrive’s Unique Product Offering: Your own Care Guide and access to technology
- 20:55 – A concierge resource for eldercare issues and unique needs
- 24:20 – The Employee Experience: How do the children of aging parents use Homethrive?
- 27:00 – The Scope of the Problem: Do companies know that their employees need to have access to aged care?
- 28:10 – Suffering in Silence: Why aren’t employees bringing aged care up with CHRO’s?
- 30:10 – How does Homethrive recruit their Care Guides?
- 33:50 – The outcomes of Homethrive so far: Increasing productivity, reducing stress, increasing quality time
- 36:30 – How COVID-19 has impacted the Homethrive service
- 37:10 – Targeted Segments: The fee structure for the employer segment
- 39:50 – How many employees are managed under Homethrive and the incentives being offered
- 42:08 – Why Geography isn’t an issue
- 43:35 – If there was one question that I didn’t ask: How much of a need aged care is in the US?
- 45:55 – Being a high touch service company whilst utilizing technology
- 48:00 – How you can find more about Homethrive
- Homethrive: https://homethrive.com/
- Dave Jacobs LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-jacobs-215b702/
- David Greenberg LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-c-greenberg/
- Website: http://www.reconstructinghealthcare.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/reconstructing-healthcare-innovative-solutions-for/id1240066325
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reconstructinghealthcare/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReconstructingHealthcare/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelmenerey/