Veeneta Lakhani, the Chief Growth Officer for Vida Health joins Michael in this episode of the Reconstructing Healthcare podcast to discuss how Vida Health is providing care for over 2 Million people through their digital platform that aims to treat both physical and mental illnesses in a combined effort.
Vida Health is a modular platform that aims to prevent, manage and even reverse chronic conditions by bringing together mental and physical healthcare through a ground-breaking digital platform that connects patients to therapists and coaches. Vida Health’s clinical outcomes have led them to receive some of the highest customer satisfaction scores that we’ve seen on this podcast.
Veeneta joined Vida Health to ensure her work in the healthcare industry leads to a future of care where people are looked after day to day through combining physical and mental health work to achieve sustainable outcomes. Veeneta previously held multiple senior executive positions at Anthem Blue Cross and began her career in the insurance sector with McKinsey and company.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Veeneta in this episode:
- How Veeneta is working to make an impact on people’s lives every day instead of just when they go to the doctor, and why she couldn’t achieve this at a major national carrier
- How & why Vida Health combine both physical & mental health treatments
- Why the healthcare industry made significant progress during COVID-19 as it pertains to mental health, diversity, equity & inclusion.
- How Vida Health provides instant care when their clients sign up to their service by leveraging their digital platform
- The secrets behind Vida Health’s high customer satisfaction scores and why digital healthcare may be the way forward
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:10 – Who is Veeneta Lakhani and what is Vida Health?
- 2:20 – Why did Veeneta leave a national carrier (Anthem) to join a digital health start up?
- 4:40 – What are the positive outcomes that can be taken from COVID-19?
- 9:20 – What is Vida Health and what problems are they attempting to solve?
- 12:00 – How Vida Health approaches their mental health support & care, and why they are leading the way for measuring the severity of mental health
- 16:50 – Coaches: How Vida Health is implementing mental health coaches into their service
- 20:30 – How Vida Health manages their team of clinicians and why they can provide instant care
- 23:30 – What conditions do Vida Health manage and what resources do they use to provide care
- 27:25 – The methods Vida Health uses to track the results of their patients’ chronic conditions and does Vida Health consider themselves a wellness product?
- 30:40 – What is Vida Health’s engagement rate and why is it outperforming their competitors?
- 33:00 – How are Vida Health tracking their customer satisfaction and what are the results/outcomes for their customers?
- 37:10 – How many employers/members are currently enrolled in Vida Health’s program?
- 38:15 – What is next for Vida Health and what is their cost structure?
- Veeneta’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/veeneta-lakhani/
- Vida Health’s Website: https://www.vida.com/
- Website: http://www.reconstructinghealthcare.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/reconstructing-healthcare-innovative-solutions-for/id1240066325
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reconstructinghealthcare/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReconstructingHealthcare/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelmenerey/