- Misaligned Incentives
- Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- Savings As A Service (SAAS) Platform
- Provider Reimbursement
- Open Network vs. Traditional Network
- Referenced Based Pricing
- Direct Contracting
- Consumer Experience
- Concierge Service
- Net Promoter Score
In this episode, Michael introduces you to Cheryl Kellond, Co-Founder, and CEO of Apostrophe Health – a third party administrator who aims to provide savings as a core service and make the healthcare benefit actually feel like a benefit again. Join us as we discuss how they endeavor to build the health plan that can fix America.
Here’s a glance at what we discuss in this episode:
- Cheryl’s unique experience with product development and sales in the technology industry and why she transitioned into healthcare by starting Apostrophe Health
- How misaligned incentives and lack of cost and quality transparency impacts our healthcare system
- Why Apostrophe Health defines themselves as a SAAS model with TPA functionalities
- How Apostrophe Health uses an open network combined with a blended payment model to provide greater flexibility and cost savings
- How Apostrophe Health unique provider reimbursement approach creates a better experience for both providers and employees and gives Apostrophe leverage to negotiate competitive provider reimbursement rates.
- Why providers are not required to be credentialed with Apostrophe and how Apostrophe incorporates quality and site of care into steerage opportunities
- How Apostrophe Health’s platform is designed to include best in class point solutions and which components an employer has the ability to customize
- Apostrophe Health proactively provides real-time, actionable data analytics and reporting capabilities accessible to employers and brokers/consultants
- What Apostrophe Health does differently to simplify healthcare and create a better consumer experience for employees relative to what they’re getting today
- Defining what concierge service means in the Apostrophe Health model and how they build trust with employees
- Why the Net Promoter Score (NPS) is impactful and how Apostrophe Health leverages it’s NPS scores to make changes and improvements in its service model
- Apostrophe Health’s fee structure options and shared savings incentive bonus when Apostrophe Health decreases year over year healthcare costs
- Barriers that Apostrophe Health has encountered resulting in employers not implementing their service
- Exciting developments on the horizon for Apostrophe Health
- Cheer Cheryl on in the 2019 Ironman!
- Apostrophe Health’s website and contact information: http://www.apostrophehealth.com/ Apostrophe Health is hiring!